Two monitors with very different resolutions

carl at finknetwork.com carl at finknetwork.com
Wed Nov 11 03:24:39 CET 2020

Hello,

I use XFCE4 on my Debian Buster box. I just added a UHD monitor to my
desk, side by
side with a "mere" HD (1080p) monitor. With the basic settings, this
means that I can
set DPI to make text on the HD monitor huge, or as an alternative make
the text on
the UHD monitor tiny.

Is there a setting in XFCE to have the DPI settings on the two monitors
be different? Or
in general, to accommodate two monitors with very different resolutions?
Other graphical
subsystems [coughWindowscough] can do this automatically.

Thank you.

Carl Fink                           nitpicking at nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!