How to run .profile, etc

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri May 22 22:58:05 CEST 2020

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 12:07:14PM -0700, Joe Riel wrote:

> As mentioned in previous reply, neither .profile, .bash_profile,
> nor .xprofile get executed when using the graphical login with lightdm.
> Maybe there is a way to configure that...

Are you rebooting or just logging out and logging back in again?

Either way I still think .profile should be being run.  What dot files
do you have in your home directory, there are various different
startup files that can get executed and there are rules about which
gets chosen if several are present.

--
Chris Green