Forcing power manager to use slock instead of light-locker

Justin Mathew mjustin at protonmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:41:39 CET 2020

Thanks for the reply,

I tried that but this is what I get.

$ xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /general/LockCommand -s "slock"
Property "/general/LockCommand" does not exist on channel "xfce4-session". If a new property should be created, use the --create option.

I did a bit of search with the error, and came across this - https://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-session/commit/?id=570093ffafa8a6226ce9dd0ee29e9e64539d4bc9

It suggested adding a line to settings/xfce4-session.xml or a similar file which I am unable to find even inside ~/.config/xfce4.

So, one, is there any fix for the error; two, what is the settings/xfce4-session.xml file in question?

Thanks,

--
Justin Mathew

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.