Emulate three button mouse

Joe Riel joer at san.rr.com
Tue Mar 17 16:56:33 CET 2020

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 15:49:13 +0100
Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am 17.03.20 um 15:41 schrieb Joe Riel:
> > On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 07:57:23 -0300
> > "Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> >> Try to add that section to /etc/X11/xorg.conf instead
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Ron.
> >
> > While that makes sense, moving the file and rebooting didn't fix it:
> >
> > $ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/80-middle-mouse-button.conf
> > Section "InputClass"
> >      Identifier "middle button emulation class"
> >      MatchIsPointer "on"
> >      Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
>
> Have you added a 'Device "evdev"' too? You can see in xorg log if the section
> gets applied.
>
> Otherwise, adding the xinput section to your autostart might be the
> faster/lazier option, though it won't work when you are hot-plugging your mouse.
>
> Regards,
> Harald

Sorry if this duplicates, replied from wrong address:

$ grep middle /var/log/Xorg.0.log
[     6.938] (**) Primax Kensington Eagle Trackball: Applying InputClass "middle button emulation class"
[     7.089] (**) Primax Kensington Eagle Trackball: Applying InputClass "middle button emulation class"

So I think X is seeing my modification.  Haven't added evdev.

--
Joe Riel