Emulate three button mouse

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Tue Mar 17 15:49:13 CET 2020

Hi

Am 17.03.20 um 15:41 schrieb Joe Riel:
> On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 07:57:23 -0300
> "Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 14:52:17 -0700
>> Joe Riel <joer at san.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I configure xfce4 to emulate a three button mouse?
>>>
>>> Once I'm in X, I can manually use xinput to configure it, but
>>> would prefer that it was automatic.  I tried adding a file
>>> to /usr/share/X11/xorg.xconf.d:
>>>
>>> $ cat /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/80-middle-mouse-button.conf
>>> Section "InputClass"
>>>      Identifier "middle button emulation class"
>>>      MatchIsPointer "on"
>>>      Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
>>>
>>> however that does nothing.
>>
>> Try to add that section to /etc/X11/xorg.conf instead
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ron.
>
> While that makes sense, moving the file and rebooting didn't fix it:
>
> $ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/80-middle-mouse-button.conf
> Section "InputClass"
>      Identifier "middle button emulation class"
>      MatchIsPointer "on"
>      Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"

Have you added a 'Device "evdev"' too? You can see in xorg log if the section
gets applied.

Otherwise, adding the xinput section to your autostart might be the
faster/lazier option, though it won't work when you are hot-plugging your mouse.

Regards,
Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'

PGP Key ID: 4FFFAB21B8580ABD
Fingerprint: E073 6DD8 FF40 9CF2 0665 11D4 4FFF AB21 B858 0ABD