ANNOUNCE: xfce4-dev-tools 4.15.0 released

Romain Bouvier skunnyk at xfce.org
Wed Jun 24 23:36:38 CEST 2020

xfce4-dev-tools 4.15.0 is now available for download from

  https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-dev-tools/4.15/xfce4-dev-tools-4.15.0.tar.bz2
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-dev-tools/4.15/xfce4-dev-tools-4.15.0.tar.bz2?sha1
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-dev-tools/4.15/xfce4-dev-tools-4.15.0.tar.bz2?sha256

What is xfce4-dev-tools?
========================

The Xfce Development Tools are a set of scripts and m4/autoconf macros
that ease build system maintenance.

Website:
  https://www.xfce.org/

Release notes for 4.15.0
========================
[Please note that this is a development release.]

- New macro XDT_VERSION_INIT(SEMVER[, TAG])

This macro takes care of setting up the version numbering.
It will define the following macros based on SEMVER and TAG:

   - xdt_version
   - xdt_version_major
   - xdt_version_minor
   - xdt_version_micro
   - xdt_version_tag
   - xdt_version_build
   - xdt_debug_default

If TAG isn't specified, the xdt_version_tag and xdt_version_git
will be empty and xdt_debug_default will be set to "minimum",
otherwise the xdt_version_build will contain a git hash and
xdt_debug_default will be set to "yes"

Example usage:

  XDT_VERSION_INIT([4.15.3],[git])
  AC_INIT([xfce4-someproject], [xdt_version()])
  XDT_FEATURE_DEBUG([xdt_debug_default])

- XDT_I18N macro will now automatically find the linguas if none are
specified during the autoconf run.

- Install m4 macros in default search dir. This makes autoconf find the
macros by default.

By setting version via XDT_VERSION_INIT and using XDT_I18N without
arguments,
this is no longer necessary to use a separate configure.ac.in and a
plain configure.ac can be used !
A big thank to Natanael Copa (ncopa) for his work on this part !

- xfce4-dev-tools now also handle the CI (docker container,
.gitlab-ci.yml templates files etc) on our new gitlab instance. A merge
request or a push to master to any of our projects automatically trigger
a build. This will help us to catch errors quicker and have better
quality. Thanks to Jason Yavorska and Simon Steinbeiss.

- New helpers are also available (xfce-get-release-notes,
xfce-get-translations, xfce-update-news) to help our maintainers to do
releases ! Thanks Simon again.

- Use datarootdir instead of datadir
- xdt-autogen: explicitly set search path for m4 macros
- Install the xfce-helpers
- Add two new helpers to help releasers
- Install m4 macros into default $datadir/aclocal
- Update README for new gitlab urls
- xdt-autogen: Improve and simplify linguas detection
- Let XDT_I18N automatically find the po/*.po as default
- Let configure generate the xdt-autogen script
- Implement XDT_VERSION_INIT
- Add manpage and tests to xdt-csource
- Add xfce4-dev-tools build in addition to container build
- Check BEFORE_SHA along with changes to .po files
- gitlabci: Ensure to run autogen in distcheck stage
- Switch to "foreign" mode for automake
- Add CI templates notes
- Update README with explanation of Dockerfile
- Fix whitespace error
- Add helper script to get all translation-updates
- Integrate xfce-build container build/creation