Prevent Thunar "Open with" to permanently change the default programme

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Fri Jul 10 21:41:39 CEST 2020

Hi all,

interesting Discussion !

As well I suffered from the same problem for a long time, until I found
that "use as default" checkbox one day :)

So I guess it is about time to improve the current UI situation in order
to prevent further frustration for new users.

Here my proposal: https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/-/issues/342

Critics / concurrent suggestions are very welcome ! Ideally directly on
the issue.

(currently I cant test how it is done for other file managers .. I bet
there are already good concepts out there)

Cheers,

Alex