why does the terminal start pulseaudio?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jul 6 09:29:57 CEST 2020

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 08:07:49 +0100, Piscium wrote:
>But how exactly do you configure Firefox to use Jack and not
>Pulseaudio? I could not see anything in the FF settings dialogue box.
>Is there any setting in about:config? And what about Chromium?

You don't need to configure Firefox. If a sound server, either
pulseaudio or jack already grabbed the audio interface via ALSA,
Firefox does automatically connect to the sound server. If no sound
server is running and no other app already grabbed the audio interface
via ALSA, Firefox automatically does use ALSA. I don't know how Firefox
will behave, if two sound servers are running and bridged. However,
only one application can grab the default audio interface, so only one
sound server can use it.