ANNOUNCE: xfce4-panel 4.15.1 released (Andrzej)

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Wed Jan 15 18:45:29 CET 2020

Hi Andrzej,

the switch to client side decorations was discussed and voted on in the
currently active core development team, put publicly on the roadmap for
4.16 [0] and announced in a blog post [1].
We didn't take this decision lightly and there was a lot of discussion, but
in the end we agreed on taking this step - including not making this
optional (in parts because of the very limited manpower the project has at
hand). I stand by this common decision.

While I appreciate your concern, I don't appreciate you offering to revert
my work on this agreed-upon roadmap item. This is not in the collaborative
spirit I learned when joining the project and I hope you reconsider -
especially as this is not the result of an isolated design decision taken
by an individual.

Finally (and more technically speaking), the bigger chunk of change is in
libxfce4ui [2], not the panel. So even if you were to revert those two tiny
commits, it would not change the overall usage of CSD in the panel's
dialogs.

Cheers
Simon

[0] https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.16/roadmap/general_ui and