Icon entry in .desktop file

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 2 21:17:10 CET 2020

Possibly this will be of help:

https://developer.gnome.org/integration-guide/stable/mime.html.en

Did you run "update-mime-database /usr/share/mime" ?

Did you run "xdg-mime install" like described here?
https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/xdg-utils/#xdg-mime

Note that I never tried what you are attempting to do. Actually I just
throw some links from a websearch which look promising :)

Best luck with your investigations !

Cheers,

Alexander Schwinn