losing focus scrolling when focus follows mouse

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 13:19:38 CET 2020

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 at 19:34, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 at 15:44, Silvio Knizek <killermoehre at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > untick »Raise window when any mouse button is pressed« in the xfwm4-
> > tweaks-settings → Accessibility. See
> > https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/wmtweaks#accessibility
> >

> Thanks. I had already played with that setting before my original
> email and it had no effect. But I went on vacation and now I am back
> and the problem disappeared, I don't know why. It is still the case
> that that setting has no effect.
>
> Anyway, since the problem disappeared I am happy. :-)

This problem is weird, as it appears and after a few weeks disappears,
and then reappears. I have it again. "Raise window when any mouse
button is pressed" in the xfwm4-tweaks-settings has been unticked
since last year, I did not change this setting this year.

However there is something different this time. Last year as far as I
remember this problem manifested with all software, in particular I
remember clearly that it manifested with Okular as I use it a lot to
read long pdfs. Today the problem manifests with some programs and not
others. It works well with Okular, Kate and Geany, but there is a
problem with Seamonkey, Leafpad and Firefox (my regular profile as
well as a freshly created profile).

My software setup is not static as I am on Arch and do software
updates about once a week, sometimes twice in a week. This being Arch
there are always lots of changes as I have 1850 packages installed.

Any ideas?