Whisker menu slow to open

Graeme Gott graeme at gottcode.org
Tue Feb 4 21:54:46 CET 2020

On 2/4/20 12:12 PM, Matt Connell wrote:
> Having some issues lately with the whisker menu freezing my panel.
>
> When I click the whisker menu, it will sometimes take 10-20 seconds to
> open.  During this time, my panel is unresponsive to the point that the
> clock stops ticking (seconds do not increment).
>
> How do I troubleshoot this?  Is there a cache that needs clearing or
> some temp files that need to be removed?
>
> Thanks in advance for any tips!

Does this happen with the regular Xfce menu? And does this happen every
time you open Whisker Menu?

There are no cache or temp files for Whisker Menu itself. It just uses
garcon to query what programs are installed, but it only does that once
(or when you install or remove programs).

Cheers,
Graeme Gott