Xfce Digest, Vol 191, Issue 7

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Tue Oct 22 19:55:02 CEST 2019

On 2019-10-22 14:19, jEsuSdA 8) wrote:

> - As you can see the appearance of CSD and non-CSD windows are
> completely different. Mousepad Vs. Pluma. Not the same borders, not
> the same shadows, not the same window title, not the same buttons or
> icons, not the same lights... this is an objective problem, I think.

I personaly hate the wasted space of the title and the icons.Minimize,
maximize and close can be done as fast if not faster with keys. And I
oftem minimize or maximize only horizontal or vertical. And I do not
look at the title at any time. I see what the program is. I see more
details in the tabs if they exist. If not, I still see what it is.

So a great option could be the ability to turn off title bars on a
window or program level. e.g. how Windowmaker does it. Right click and
all the options can be changed on different levels. RTo me that
flexability is thinking of the user.

Fort now I use the "Border-only" theme that puts a 1 pixel border around
the window and removes the window title bar. The theme can be found here
https://www.xfce-look.org/p/1016214/

To further comment on this issue. I am a user. I do not completely
comprehend the situation to bne honest. I just want things to work and
look as I like it. If I don't, I go to something else.  Probably back to
Windowmaker due to change the windows settings per window as well as
much easier by just right clicking and going into the menu.

houghi