ACLs and Thunar

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed May 15 14:06:16 CEST 2019

Hi Alex,

Sorry for my very late answer.

Op 06-05-19 om 21:14 schreef Alex:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I did not find any reference regarding POSIX-1003.1e in the thunar code
> (neither in Nautilus).
>
> Not sure if thunar needs to add specific support for it, or if that
> should come from the underlying OS ?

I don't know...

> Possibly related to gvfs ?

On the new Debian machine gvfs works fine for so far I see.

> Which thunar version is use on the Slackware machine ?

Hmm, not sure how to find that out via SSH.

It's the version what comes with Slackware 14.1 what's dated 2013-11-04,
so it must be older then that.

> You could try to compile the same thunar version from source on the
> debian machine to check if it is a thunar issue at all.
>
> If so, please open a bug for it on https://bugzilla.xfce.org

I see some other things in the filesystem I don't understand. First I
will look at that. Maybe it's a GlusterFS problem.

Thanks for your help!

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/