Thunar auto expands home directory on tree view

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jul 8 22:02:23 CEST 2019

This is a change in behavior from Fedora 28's Thunar to F30.

Before, in thunar 1.6.16, when I started an instance of thunar in tree
view, the home directory was not expanded.  If I went to some directory
in, say file system, that would be expanded in the tree view, and if
then I clicked on my home directory, it still would not expand until I
clicked on the little down arrow.

I liked this behavior.

Now in thunar 1.8.7, the home directory tree is opened on start up.
Can't even see the file system entry for all the directories I have
under my home directory.  I have to close that or scroll down.

I do not like this new behavior.  And I can't find anyway to change this
action.

Is there any way to get the home directory to not auto expand?

thanks