Desktop overlaps the screen

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Wed Jan 9 09:53:06 CET 2019

On 1/8/19 4:10 AM, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi
>
> That's overscan, quite common with TV.

Well, possibly not surprisingly, now I've finally heard back from
Element, they're blaming my PC rather than their TV.

I think this is BS on their part, I've tried every resolution of which
my graphics card is capable, all exhibit the problem, and the two
other different models of Element TV which I have here both work
WITHOUT showing the overscan. That seems to me to be quite enough
elimination testing to isolate the problem to the TV.

So, I think it's back to Wal-Mart with it, and try another TV or
possibly even a different brand. At least I now know what to call the
problem! :)

Brian.