xfwm: Setting `--vblank=off` as a user

Paul Menzel pmenzel+xfce at molgen.mpg.de
Thu Oct 4 15:18:42 CEST 2018

Dear Xfce people,

With

```
$ xfwm4 --version
	This is xfwm4 version 4.13.1 (revision 942156e4) for Xfce 4.12
	Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
	Compiled against GTK+-3.22.30, using GTK+-3.22.30.

	Build configuration and supported features:
	- Startup notification support:                 Yes
	- XSync support:                                Yes
	- Render support:                               Yes
	- Xrandr support:                               Yes
	- Xpresent support:                             No
	- Embedded compositor:                          Yes
	- Epoxy support:                                Yes
	- KDE systray proxy (deprecated):               No
```

one of our users has an issue with the amdgpu graphics driver.

`xfwm4 --replace --vblank=off` works around that problem, so we would
like to disable it, on only that system, and it’d be nice, if the
users could do it themselves.

Reading [1], it should be possible, but there is no option
*Synchronize drawing to the vertical blank* in the tab *Compositor*
in xfwm4-tweaks-settings.

I am now going to configure it in `/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/`, but it’d
be great if the user could do it.

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xfwm#Video_tearing