GUI for setting timezone

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 09:18:46 CEST 2018

On 12/06/2018 01:50, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> For the longest time, I used system-config-date for setting my timezone,
> as I travel a lot.
>
> Recently I jumped from Fedora 24 to F28 and system-config-date is no
> longer supplied.  And I find out it is also not in F25, so I assume it
> was dropped for quite a while.
>
> Bad for me.  And others that do move timezones.
>
> Is there anything equivalent in Xfce?  The clock app can set what
> timezone it wants to show through a text block (no nice world map), but
> this does not update the system timezone from what I have seen.

True. Although one neat feature of XFCE panel + clock is that you can
add multiple ones each with its timezone and even cusomised string... so
when I am travelling in a different timezone or working a lot with
people in different timezone(s) I can actually have two clocks showing
respective timezones in the panel. Like here:

https://i.snag.gy/9iuBzs.jpg

Lorenzo.