Thunderbird and disappearing cursor

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 21 01:53:33 CEST 2018

On Sat, 2018-07-21 at 01:35 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 15:46 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> > When composing a letter in Thunderbird and I wait too long, I lose
> > my cursor.
>
> if I use Google and type
>
>   thunderbird cur
>
> it already recommends
>
>   thunderbird cursor disappears
>
> so after choosing it, it provides links such as the top links to the
> Mozilla support, e.g.
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1172192
>
> Maybe you want to add 'linux' or 'xfce' to a search term, maybe you hate
> Google or at least the autocomplete feature for good reasons, if so, use
> another search engine and try to find appropriate search terms yourself.
>
> If the hints provided by one link shouldn't work, continue with another
> link.

PS:

After reading your question "Is this an Xfce thing or a Thunderbird
thing?" I should have answered "Yes, it is", instead of providing help
;).

Thunderbird isn't a Xfce application and most users are fully aware of
it, you seemingly, too.

So I expect that a subscriber at least has got a request such as...

When using Thunderbird the cursor disappears, if I wait to long when
composing a letter. This happens only when using Thunderbird. I already
followed a hint foo from Thunderbird support, but it didn't solve the
issue...

We all sometimes miss the forest for the trees. We have different
intellectual capacity, but way too often it just smells like idleness.
Perhaps others could do my homework?