How to maximize on multiple monitors

Adrian Constantin adrian.vasile.constantin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 11:24:26 CEST 2018

Hello,

I have a multi-monitor desktop (I believe many offices do nowadays), and
many times I would like to maximize a window across all monitors.

Can xfce support such a feature please ?

I have Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS with xfce 4.12

I know some displays allow me to unify my monitors, but that is not the
same thing and is not going to help much. Keeping separate monitors is
helpful because windows snap to monitor boundaries by default. Still some
windows I would like to maximize across the entire desktop.

Screen placement for multiple screens does not have to line up nicely to
compose a single rectangular or square desktop. Rather one monitor can be
offset from others in any way the users wants to place them, to reflect
physical screen placement. But maybe xfce can find the maximum-area
rectangle that can still fit in the user arrangement of monitors, and use
that as the new placement to maximize a window across monitors. Most users
will be interested in monitors that line-up nicely anyway.

--
Thank you,
Adrian Vasile Constantin