dual screen -desktop issue-xfce4.12

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Sun Sep 17 20:51:26 CEST 2017

Hi,

i had the same problem, i only turned to this list to see if others were
experiencing this too. I can contribute two things:

.) i only had this problem with kernel 4.10, with kernel 4.8 everything
still was fine.

.) your workaround brought me to fiddle with the graphical display
configuration tool. there i disabled the non-working second monitor,
re-enabled it again, after that i could use it, like you described it
with cli commands. the funny thing is: i only had to do this once,
suddenly the dual monitor setup (with kernel 4.10) works every time,
even after a reboot!

strange, but fine for me....

matthias