placement of new window covers window I am typing into

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 20:24:45 CEST 2017

Hello:

I have tried a plethora of window management systems.  XFCE4 is my goto
desktop system.  I have few problems with it, and I feel confident that it
will do what I need it to do.  Nice!

Well, here's something I could use help with: numerous times, when typing
(as today, in a terminal), early, as XFCE4 is just starting up, if I am
typing, a new window covers the window I am typing in.

Is there a setting that can prevent this?  I want the window I am typing in
to stay on top and remain active.  Otherwise, my thought stream is
interrupted as I search for the window that just disappeared.

I would appreciate any suggestion.  I wonder what is "smart placement".
This, in my mind, would be a smart thing for the window manager to do!
Stay out of my way.

Thank you again,

Alan Davis

--
[I do not] carry such information in my mind since it is readily
available in books. …The value of a college education is not the

"Sweet instruments hung up in cases. . . keep their sounds to themselves."

         ---Shakespeare, _Timon of Athens_