Menu bar in xfce terminal

DGSJ audobra at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 23:30:00 CEST 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 07:53:06AM +1100, Jim Dean wrote:
> This is common when the GTK3 theme in use does not support the version of
> GTK3 you are using.
>
> On 16 October 2017 at 04:37, DGSJ <audobra at gmail.com> wrote:

After several trials updating GTK and the icon themes, finally I've found a
solution I'd like to share with you.

The files that define the styles are located in /usr/shared/themes, where
you can find a directory for every style. Inside, there is one folder for
gtk-2.0 and another for gtk-3.0, containing respectively a gtkrc and a
gtk.css configuration file.

All the problems seem to be caused by de gtk.css files. In fact, the final
output of startxfce4 is dozens of Gtk warnings like:(xfce4-terminal:1120):
Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:36:10....

I have remove all the gtk-3.0 directories in the style themes, and not only
the menu bars in xfce-terminal, but also other menu windows, like the ones
for the energy administrator, look now much better.

Thank you all for your help.