ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.7.0 released

Andre Miranda andre42m at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 22:42:18 CET 2017

thunar 1.7.0 is now available for download from

  http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.7/Thunar-1.7.0.tar.bz2
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.7/Thunar-1.7.0.tar.bz2.md5
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.7/Thunar-1.7.0.tar.bz2.sha1
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.7/Thunar-1.7.0.tar.bz2.sha256

What is thunar?
===============

Thunar is a modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop  Environment. It
has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its
user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any
confusing or useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good
start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using
Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.

Website:
  http://thunar.xfce.org/

Release notes for 1.7.0
=======================
I am glad to announce the first development version of Thunar targeting
Xfce 4.14.
This release is meant to be used in tandem with other 4.13 components.
Even though this is a development release, I am confident on its
stability for
daily-usage, but since there are a couple of (minor) known issues we
will keep Thunar
1.6.x labeled as the stable version until we release Thunar 1.8.0.

Refer to the Xfce 4.14 roadmap page for further details on the known
issues and
changes introduced in the thunarx API.

Finally, I would like to thank all that contributed to this release,
especially
Jonas Kümmerlin, Alexander Schwinn, Simon Steinbeiß and Romain Bouvier.

Summary of this release:
- GTK3 Port
- Replace dbus-glib with GDBus
- Improved Pathbar style for Location Selector
- Bump thunarx to version 3 and replace GtkAction with ThunarxMenu and
ThunarxMenuItem
- GObject-Introspection support for thunarx-3
- Update thunarx documentation and fix its generation
- Same bugfixes from 1.6.13
- Translation updates: Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Asturian, Bangla,
Basque,
  Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Hong Kong),
  Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English
(Australia),
  English (United Kingdom), Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French,
Galician,
  German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian,
Japanese,
  Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål,
Norwegian Nynorsk,
  Occitan, Persian (Iran), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil),
Punjabi,
  Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai,
Turkish,
  Ukrainian, Urdu, Urdu (Pakistan), Uyghur, Vietnamese