User .xinitrc not run with GDM

Ambrose LI ambrose.li at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:23:33 CET 2017

> Trying to implement the suggestion from the thread *Monitor dependent DPI
> size with shared home* [1] by adding a custom user xinitrc script, it
> unfortunately isn’t run. Xfce 4.12 is started from GDM.

This has bugged me for the longest time too (I'm using lightdm). I
tried the other suggestion in that post (create a script inside
.config/autostart) and it worked for me. Maybe that will work with gdm
too?

(I wasn't trying to set monitor DPI though. I also named my script as
a .sh file and made it executable, but I don't know if either is
necessary.)

--
Ambrose Li // http://o.gniw.ca / http://gniw.ca
If you saw this on CE-L: You do not need my permission to quote