Monitor dependent DPI size with shared home

Paul Menzel pmenzel+xfce at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Nov 20 18:57:40 CET 2017

Dear Xfce folks,

At our institute the home directory is shared over NFS, so a user can
log in at different systems, and get the same home directory.

We would like to get HiDPI monitors with new systems, and face the
problem, that certain configuration options, like the custom DPI setting
for the font (Settings → Appearance → Fonts), are not monitor dependent
but “global”.

So users increasing the font size on their HiDPI monitor, will have a
too big font, when they log in at the PC pool with old “normal” monitors.

Does Xfce 4.12 support this use case?

Kind regards,

Paul