Unable to play anything with Parole [SOLVED]

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Wed Nov 15 16:45:02 CET 2017

El 09/11/17 a las 20:53, jEsuSdA 8) escribió:
> Hi!
>

> I've just reinstall my PC and it was unable to play anything with Parole
> WITH ANY USER BUT ROOT.
>

> I have all the gstreamer packages installed, the codecs, etc. in fact,
> as I said before, I can play anything as ROOT, but it is impossible to
> play with any other users.
>
> I tried a lot of internet forum tricks, but nothing works.
>

> Please, any has any suggestion?
>
> Thank you.

Thank you all for helping me.

Finally, someone in the Totem bugtracker send me the way to follow to
solve the issue:

The main cause was a file corruption in cache and dbus gstreamer files
in users dirs. I don't know why, but it appears to be the problem.

The solution:

Delete the files

/home/USUARIO/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.x86_64.bin

and

/home/USUARIO/.dbus/*

Once you do that, you can start any gstreamer based app and it works
fine again.

Thank you for your suggestions and helping me to find the solution. ;)

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)