Should I be running Xubuntu or Lubuntu?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sun May 7 11:04:00 CEST 2017

On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 01:57:03AM -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just reading on the system requirements of Xubuntu and it shows you
> should have a 2 ghz processor but running sudo lshw shows this:
>
> *-cpu
>           product: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2160  @ 1.80GHz
>           vendor: Intel Corp.
>           physical id: 400
>           bus info: cpu at 0
>           slot: CPU
>           size: 1800MHz
>           width: 64 bits
>           clock: 800MHz
>           capabilities: x86-64 fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae
> mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse
> sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good
> nopl aperfmperf eagerfpu pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
> pdcm lahf_lm dtherm
>           configuration: cores=2 enabledcores=2 threads=2

My laptop says:-

     *-cpu
          product: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz
          vendor: Intel Corp.
          physical id: 1
          bus info: cpu at 0
          version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz
          serial: None
          slot: CPU Socket - U3E1
          size: 1377MHz
          capacity: 3300MHz
          width: 64 bits
          clock: 100MHz
          capabilities: x86-64 fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr
pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx
fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp constant_tsc arch_perfmon
pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni
pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm
pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c
rdrand lahf_lm epb tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase smep
erms xsaveopt dtherm ida arat pln pts cpufreq
          configuration: cores=2 enabledcores=2 threads=4

It runs xubuntu perfectly well, in fact I think it's 'fast'.

--
Chris Green