ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.7.1 released
nomad at froevel.de
Tue Mar 7 11:56:13 CET 2017
xfdashboard-0.7.1 "1/2" was released on 2017-03-07.
This is a development release.
Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce
Release notes for 0.7.1
* New feature: The windows in windows view gained support to show also
their child windows, e.g. open/save dialogs etc. This feature is
themable and enabled by default in default theme. But it can also be
disabled at all by the user in xfdashboard settings application,
e.g. for performance reasons. The user's decision to disable this
feature in the settings overrides anything defined at the theme
used. (GH #132)
* Rewrote XfdashboardButton by splitting it into a XfdashboardLabel
class and make XfdashboardButton a sub-class of it. XfdashboardLabel
is exactly the same what XfdashboardButton was but it does not emit
the "click" signal.
* Splitted XfdashboardLiveWindow into two classes.
XfdashboardLiveWindowSimple just shows a live preview of a window
when possible and XfdashboardLiveWindow is a sub-class of it but
adds a title and controls layer (close button) on top of it.
* Remove themable property 'show-window-content' from
Just replace the following CSS:
show-window-content: <true or false>;
display-type: <icon or live-preview>;
* The CSS class "primary-monitor" will be added at or removed from
XfdashboardStageInterface depending on the primary state of
associated monitor. With this CSS class the stage interface of the
primary monitor could be themed different as the other non-primary
* Pop-up menu items must now be sub-class of XfdashboardPopupMenuItem.
No normal actor are allowed anymore. XfdashboardPopupMenuItemButton
is such a new pop-up menu item which can be used as clickable
labels. A fully themable menu item separator is
* Pop-up menu items can now be enabled and disabled.
* Fixed a typo in default applications array (#12842)
* Smaller bug-fixes
* More API documentation
More information about the Xfce