Thuanar: mounting entry in /etc/fstab

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 10:23:24 CET 2017

Hi all,

I have an entry for mounting a webdav directory in /etc/fstab like this:

https://example.com/webdav /home/user/my_mount_point davfs
rw,user,uid=lo,noauto 0 0

I can correctly mount this as user by doing (in this example):

$ mount /home/user/my_mount_poin

The mount actually shows in Thunar under the 'DEVICES' shortcuts
(enabling shorcuts for the sidepane of course), but if I try mounting it
I get a Failed to mount "my_mount_poin".
The webdav does require authentication and I do not store credentials
(so when I mount from the terminal I do have to enter username and
password).

Also, if I mount from the terminal, then I can *unmount* it in Thunar.

Any idea or tip about mounting?

Thanks
Lorenzo.