right click on desktop; how to modify?

Todd Chester ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sat Aug 19 09:42:52 CEST 2017

On 08/19/2017 12:14 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:41:53PM -0700, Todd Chester wrote:

>>>                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>             ^^^^
>>>
>>> *chuckle*
>>>
>>> If you are "on the desktop", "here" actually is the desktop, any other
>>> "default" wouldn't make sense.
>>
>> The way I read it is that it places the window at the location
>> of the pointer.  Why would I want a terminal opened at my
>> desktop?  There virtually ain't nothing there I can fix with
>> a terminal.
>
> Many people use terminal program, and like using GNU/Linux because of
> its superb terminal programs and cmd line environment.
>
> If you are not familiar with that, then you would not know why you
> might like it.
>
> Once you get good with it, it becomes addictive, and you start
> wondering why people bother with GUI's for a lot of things - but
> GUIs are still best for some things.
>
> Have fun,

I have been going crazy with terminals and xterm for about 20 years now.
I firmly believe the purpose of a GUI is so I can have many, many
more terminal open!  Why only have one (init 3) when you can have 10
(init 5)!

That is why having the path open up in Desktop drive me nuts!
If I had my way, the context menu would have a about 5 of them
opening in various places -- none of which would be the desktop.