right click on desktop; how to modify?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Aug 19 09:14:09 CEST 2017

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:41:53PM -0700, Todd Chester wrote:

> On 08/18/2017 01:55 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:20:45 -0700, toddandmargo wrote:
> > > When I right click on the desktop, I get a context menu with "open
> >                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > Terminal here".   It defaults to my desktop.
> >            ^^^^
> >
> > *chuckle*
> >
> > If you are "on the desktop", "here" actually is the desktop, any other
> > "default" wouldn't make sense.
>
> The way I read it is that it places the window at the location
> of the pointer.  Why would I want a terminal opened at my
> desktop?  There virtually ain't nothing there I can fix with
> a terminal.

Many people use terminal program, and like using GNU/Linux because of
its superb terminal programs and cmd line environment.

If you are not familiar with that, then you would not know why you
might like it.

Once you get good with it, it becomes addictive, and you start
wondering why people bother with GUI's for a lot of things - but
GUIs are still best for some things.

Have fun,