Problems with 4.12

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 25 21:07:44 CEST 2016

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I'm not using Xfce4 anymore, but it's still installed. Running
> xfce4-settings-manager by my openbox session has got some limitations, but
> I guess everything is as it was since years. Even from an openbox session
> I seem to be able to access all dialogs you need. I wonder hat you can't
> find them, too.

Ralf,

   I expected to see the same capabilities as before, but I don't.

> To get rid of desktop icons
>  Desktop > Icons

   I missed seeing that.

> To chose a theme
>  Appearance > Style

   I'll look for this. Trying to find the desktop backgrounds is particularly
frustrating because one of the drop-down choice is 'File system' but there's
no way to navigate to a directory or files. It just sits there.

> To change buttons in the window title bar
>  Settings Editor > xsettings > DecorationLayout

   I modified buttons, but did not look in xsettings. Will do so.

   The big issue is why clicking on the terminal icon in the panel does not
bring up a terminal. I've no idea how to trace the source of this behavior

Thanks,

Rich