Screen not repainting

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 9 01:30:21 CET 2016

On Sun 2016-04-03 (10:41), Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> ​Do you have the compositor enabled?
>
> Go to "Window Manager Tweaks", select "Compositor" Tab, un-select "Display
> fullscreen overlay windows directly", does it make any difference?

Just for the records: This hint helped me!

I was figthing for HOURS with a nasty bug:
On an older Core2-PC with nvidia quadro PCI-E display card and Xubuntu
16.04 (fresh install) I have had the effect that my X11 display was
replaced with the one when I started X11, after switching the workspace.
I have to refresh the display with twice Alt-F11 to see the real display
again.

Disabling display composition fixed this problem!

Perhaps a bug in the nvidia xorg driver (NOUVEAU)?

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<CACxMwBg3RwQx=1JCYqs+52WZ_eYsT-6Bg_Hf7r-Fq5NvVGnZ8g at mail.gmail.com>