Display problems on openSUSE Leap 42.1

Klaus Zeitler info at klauszeitler.de
Sun May 22 13:51:07 CEST 2016

Hello,
I recently upgraded to openSUSE Leap 42.1 and now I'm experiencing
a rather annoying problem with Xfce.
Sometimes all application windows disappear from the desktop and
all that is left to see is the panel (sometimes an already deleted
application window is shown as well). When I hover with the mouse over
the desktop the application windows are partially redrawn. I have to
either switch workspaces or execute show-desktop twice to enforce
a redisplay of all application windows.
First I thought (and still do) it has something to do with notifications.
I had banshee running on workspace-2 and every time a new song started
the notification that displays the new title caused the desktop screen
to blank (but only if I had switched to one of the other workspaces).
I disabled notifications in banshee and it's now happening less often.
But still every once in a while the windows are blanked out and now
I can't see a pattern anymore, when/why it will happen.

--
|  Klaus Zeitler                |