Display issue with dual screen-radeon HD-Xubuntu16.04

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Jul 31 17:58:34 CEST 2016

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 03:44:57PM +0200, Damien Delpiroux wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm new to this list, and I would like to say, first, that I love XFCE so much,
> since 2012! Thank you devs, it's the best environment for audio with GNU
> system.
>
> Because, now, I can't live without it, I would like to speak about my issue
> with display, before report a bug, eventually.
> All works perfectly with ubntu12.04.

Not sure if this will help at all. I have NVidia and alwaysuse their
drivers. Then as root I run nvidia-settings. I have 4 screens. From left
to right:
1920x1200 on VGA on GPU 1 (GeForce GT 720)
1920x1080 on HDMI on GPU 0 (GeForce GTX 960) via a splitter to 4 different
	monitors/tvs
2560x1440 on DisplayPort on GPU 0 (Used as login and main one)
2560x1440 on DisplayPort on GPU 0

Even with the different sizes, differenr monitors and different cards, I
do not have an issue and it sure beats trying to get it right with editing
xconf or using the display tool.

I have all in landscape, but I could easily do any of them in portrait.
I run things in seperate screens, so I when I change the desktop on one
screen the others do not change. So no Xinerama. Would be easy to do if I
wanted.

houghi