How recover file lost when Thunar crashed during cut-and-paste?

Stub spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 13:47:46 CET 2016

This is annoying anouhg that I have decided to dump Thunar altogheter. Unfortunately I do not have the skills to help with fixing the problem.

If Thunar development is coming to a halt, why not (temporarily?) absorbing into XFCE an already well-working file manager, and put Thunar on a side-track until it's fixed.

I'm afraid Thunar in its current state is causing harm to XFCE as a whole. Leaving things as they are, new users who try out XFCE on new releases (latest Fedora, Ubuntu, etc), will quickly move away to alternative desktop managers that do work!

My choice: the XFE file manager is light weight and does a good job. I have a $HOME/bin/Thunar executable which contains

/usr/bin/xfe-xfe $*

to redirect all my Thunar calls to xfe.....

Anyway, I think it's time to do damage control, before it's too late....

R.