XFCE 4.12 - F24 - Window Maximise behaviour

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:52:28 CET 2016

Hi

On 6 December 2016 at 10:04, Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Can you give some example of application where you see this?
>>

> Essentially all applications maximise without the title and window border.
> Notice that I also have composite disabled. Not sure if that is also
> relevant.

Let's say, does it happen with plain old "xterm" for example?

What gives:

$ xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/titleless_maximize

> Can you please explain what you mean with 'server-' vs. 'client-' side
>> decorations?

SSD is when the window manager draws the decorations, that's the
"traditional" way on X11.

CSD is when the application draws the decorations itself instead of the
window manager.

https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2014/01/13/client-side-decorations-continued/

Cheers,
Olivier