Display issue with dual screen-radeon HD-Xubuntu16.04 [workaround]

Damien Delpiroux xzurukneg at free.fr
Tue Aug 9 20:51:05 CEST 2016

Hi again.

I've resolved my issue with dual screen and unusable desktop aera.
In fact, the problem seem to be: display manager confuse the second
screen area (1024x780) and apply it to the first one:(1280/1024).
Result: you can use the desktop on the first screen only on 1024x780 pixel!

Work around:
-set display manager to not use second screen.
-set dual screen as you witch with arandr, copy the .screenlayout
command obtain and past it in a custom app, autolaunched a login
(session startup).
Now that works.

So there is really a bug in display manager!

Best,

--
Damien.DX