ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.5.2 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Thu Oct 8 20:11:44 CEST 2015

xfdashboard-0.5.2 "Apps ... I will find you all" was released on 2015
-10-08.

This is a development release.

About xfdashboard
=================

Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce

Website:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfdashboard/start

Documentation:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfdashboard/manual

Bugs/issues/enhancements:
  https://bugzilla.xfce.org/
  https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/issues

Translations:
  https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfdashboard

FAQ:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfdashboard/faq

Release notes for 0.5.2
========================

* Applied a bug fix of stable version 0.4 to development version
  I missed. It tracks screen size changes to resize stage size
  at systems where needed. It's a runtime decision. (GH #95)
* The application tracker now keeps a list of windows for an
  application in a sorted order of last activation of a window.
* A new configuration option "/always-launch-new-instance" was
  implemented. It's a boolean value which decides to start always
  a new instance of an application or to activate the last known
  active window for it. (GH #97)
* The application tracker now considers desktop files in
  sub-directories if it was not found via the application name
  directly. That means if it cannot find a matching application
  from any window name directly in the application database then
  the application may be located in a sub-directory, e.g. kile
  in the sub-directory "kde4" resulting in a desktop file called
  'kde4-kile.desktop' instead of 'kile.desktop'. (GH #99)
* Some smaller improvements
* Some bug-fixes
* Updated translations

Download