Do I need xfce4-power-manager (and bluetooth) runnning on a desktop?

Mark Ballard markjballard at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:26:45 CET 2015

Okay I know I don't need Bluetooth running on my desktop. Should it really
be a startup application in Xubuntu Studio?

And do I need the power manager running? That's also in the startup apps,
and things are getting a bit pokey round here. It's not clear from the
manpages whether it is intended only for laptops and similar. Should it
really be a startup application in Xubuntu Studio?

(Congratulations, btw, for the marvelous xfce4 environment. I do think it
my duty as a user to squeek like a wheel that needs oil about bugs and
issues. That's the bit users can do to help. That I think the system is
brilliant should be implied by my commitment to it. But infrequent,
sometimes evasive replies from devs does make me wonder if there is a
bunker mentality, or a weak toleration of users as inferior creatures, and
only a faint understanding of the amount of spare time users must consume
firefighting and reporting rampant linux bugs.)