XFCE configuration data

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 27 10:08:53 CEST 2015

On Wed, 27 May 2015 09:31:41 +0200, killermoehre wrote:
>You need to safe
>	${XDG_CONFIG_HOME:-${HOME}/.config}/{xfce4,Thunar}

Indeed I forgot Thunar.

However, .local/share/xfce4/ seems to be important too,
while .config/xfce4-session/ is empty in my /home.

>If you find user defined configurations
>from xfces software in some place else, than please file a bug.

Could you provide an official Xfce link that claims that there should
be no files in .local/share/xfce4/?

Such as e.g.

$ cat .local/share/xfce4/helpers/custom-WebBrowser.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
NoDisplay=true
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=X-XFCE-Helper
X-XFCE-Category=WebBrowser
X-XFCE-CommandsWithParameter=/home/rocketmouse/.customization/default.browser.sh
"%s"
Icon=default.browser.sh
Name=default.browser.sh
X-XFCE-Commands=/home/rocketmouse/.customization/default.browser.sh

IIRC it was stored by xfce4-settings-manager > Preferred Applications >
Internet.