XFCE configuration data

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 27 09:09:35 CEST 2015

You didn't mention what version you're using.

http://www.home.unix-ag.org/bmeurer/xfce/file-locations.html

All I found in my 4.12.1's /home are

$ ls -Fld .config/xfce4* .local/share/xfce4/
drwxr-xr-x 8 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4096 May 10 16:43 .config/xfce4/
drwx------ 2 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4096 Mar  3
2013 .config/xfce4-session/ drwxr-xr-x 4 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4096

Perhaps the developers start saving some settings in

Jul 12  2014 .local/share/xfce4// $ ls -Fld .config/dconf
drwx------ 2 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4096 May 27 08:47 .config/dconf/

I didn't receive an answer to my question about the configs.

https://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2015-May/034453.html

Btw. I backup everything, but the Xfce developers start breaking things
within a major release. Don't expect your settings to work with the
next upgrade. My theme gets broken. I suspect it has to do with the
transition to GTK3, but I might be mistaken. IOW you shouldn't upgrade
Xfce4, if you want to keep what you've got now. Btw. breaking things
within a major release is something very bad and shouldn't happen, but
actually it does happen.

Perhaps you've better luck searching http://www.xfce.org/ for the
needed information, than I had
--
It only looks like a tape-recorder. It's actually a pen.
So you can write with it and no one will know.