A few questions about Xfce4 config files

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 8 11:18:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

for a xfce4-panel and startxfce4 wrapper script that should provide
profiles for the panel, I need to know what configuration directories
and files are used by xfce4-panel?

I suspect I need to care about the

~/.config/xfce4/panel/   directory

and the

~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml   file.

Is this correct? Or does the script need to e.g. care about

~/.config/dconf/user

and/or any other directory or file (too)?

Since I'm using   ~/.gtkrc-2.0   to set the theme and the fonts for some
WMs I'm using, when I'm not using Xfce4 with xfwm4, I wonder if such a
~/.gtkrc-2.0   does affect Xfce4 with xfwm4 too. If so, I would link
against an empty ~/.gtkrc-2.0, resp. temporarily don't provide it. But I
suspect Xfce4 with xfwm4 sessions aren't bothered by content of
~/.gtkrc-2.0.

Am I mistaken?

$ pacman -Q xfce4-session
xfce4-session 4.12.1-2