Closing terminal window dosn't kill sudo'ed program

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu May 21 22:34:45 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-21, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2015 19:29:54 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
>>In the launcher, uncheck the "run in terminal" box
>                   ^^^^^^^ check the box ;)

If I do that, I get _two_ terminal windows.  The one with the app, and
the one where the "sudo xfce4-terminal" command was executed.  Ugly.

> or use gksudo or pkexec without a terminal emulation.
>
> Execute the command using the -e option when you want to start it in a
> terminal emulation.
>
> sudo xfce4-terminal -e ./testit.sh

How is that different from my solution?

    sudo xfce4-terminal -x ./testit.sh

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I am a traffic light,
                                  at               and Alan Ginzberg kidnapped