[off-list] Re: Xfwm4 / compositor: gray background

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:54:06 CEST 2015

On 20 May 2015 at 11:40, Harold Aling <xfce at sait.nl> wrote:
> I guess Xfdesktop is just a small price to pay for drawing an image on my
> desktop without the hassle of finding an other window manager that behaves
> just like Xfwm4, but does allow you to set a root pixmap.

Seriously? I'll write it again, xfwm4 allows you to set a root pixmap
with the compositor enabled, it's just not enabled by default because
by default it's not needed.

Now there is something I don't understand here, you seem to be willing
to change the default setup (by removing xfdesktop) but not ready to
even just rebuild from source? How come...

Olivier