Equake with ads?

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Tue May 5 03:35:50 CEST 2015

On 05/01/2015 07:03 AM, Per Backman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed the recently announced Equake for the XFCE panel.
> Everything is very nice until I click on the map option. Then I get
> Google map (all of USA, not were the earthquake was), nutrition.com,
> the.com, of.com and something more that Firefox cannot find.
>
> What do you think about that?

That's interesting. :-)

I can assure you that equake, as uploaded by me, does not direct the
user to any other sites than the USGS earthquake sites and maps.google.com.

One problem that I am aware of is that the new google maps does not
always work as expected with the url equake generates and I need to find
a fix for that.

Perhaps in your case there is something bad going on with the browser,
or your dns requests are returning something different than expected. Or
there are some oddball ads that mess things up, try an adblocker.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
Earthquake Magnitude: 4.8