Notes 1.8.0 beta release

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at xfce.org
Sun Mar 29 01:19:54 CET 2015

> the released tarball has been built without --enable-gtk3, hence the
> ccode generated does not contain code for gtk3, but gtk2. not sure if
> --maintainer-mode rebuilds ccode from vala files. can you try from git
> instead?

icon-button.c:466: error: 'GtkWidgetClass' has no member named 'expose_event'

it certainly did not. this ccode is not generated when build with
--enable-gtk3, should work fine from git. currently it's not possible
to provide ccode for both gtk2 and gtk3 (you cannot have ccode that
contains c precompilations.) newer releases will be provided with gtk3
only, in a later future, with xfce 4.14 :p

+
Mike

> Regards,
> Mike

>> On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:51:07 +0100
>> Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at xfce.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> A beta release of notes-plugin has been published, please report any
>>> compilation issues, usability issues, etc. It will be released next
>>> week if everything works fine as expected.
>>>
>>> http://bubbie.m8t.in/~mike/pub/xfce/xfce4-notes-plugin-1.8.0git-ac36dcd.tar.bz2
>>
>> Tested only with FreeBSD, but Gtk3 seems broken (logs [1], [2]).
>>
>> GdkDrawable has been removed in Gtk3.
>>
>> I use the latest Xfce's libraries (4.12), Gtk2 (2.24.25), Gtk3 (3.13.6), and Vala (0.28.0, for maintainer mode).
>>
>> With Gtk2 it's ok.
>>
>> [1] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/xfce4-notes-plugin_gtk3.log
>> [2] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/xfce4-notes-plugin_gtk3+maintainer-mode.log
>>

>>> Enjoy,