Hotplug: Turning off DisplayPort monitor also tears down its associated desktop.

Simon P iskra42463 at bigmir.net
Sun Mar 15 13:00:18 CET 2015

15.03.2015 10:46, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com>
>Again, as stated, nothing has changed wrt what you describe, Xfce has
> always behaved like that for the reasons I explained before.

I think between 4.10 & 4.12 a lot of new code went into the display "helper"
of xfsettingsd, including a callback handling the RRScreenChangeNotify
event which can calculate & set a new screen size when a monitor is
switched off/unplugged.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this explain part of the observed
change of behaviour?

-Simon-