Rearranging desktop icons

Chris chris2014 at postbox.xyz
Thu Jun 25 06:48:33 CEST 2015

Dear Hartmut,

Am 22.06.2015 um 17:06 schrieb Hartmut Haase:
> after Rearranging desktop icons it works fine for as while, but suddenly
> out of the blue, xfce returns to the old arrangement. Why?

I've exactly the same problem. I've already asked on forums and Xubuntu
mailing list, but got no answer.

After every update, Desktop icons rearrange. Furthermore it takes long
to delete files on the desktop. Longer than in every other folder.

Is it possible to rebuild the desktop without reinstalling the whole
Xubuntu? Where is the position of desktop icons saved?

I used to use my home-dir with Gnome 2. Are there any files which could
make trouble?

--
Gruß,
Christian